Career-Related Assessments Your Human Resources Career Services for Faculty and Staff Consultant is a certified practitioner of several assessments and offers them at no charge to you. The assessment process is completed virtually at your convenience and the results will be provided to you in a confidential consultation with your consultant. Please contact HR Career Services if you would like to take advantage of one or more of the following assessments.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) is a personality inventory exploring the consistency of individual behaviors and preferences and can be used to predict patterns, explore ideal work environments, understand stress triggers and how best to work with those around you.
- Strong Interest Inventory® (Strong) assessment measures career and leisure interests. It also gives feedback on your work-style preferences and a link to related occupational descriptors for each career interest category and specific job title.
- 360°Reach Personal Branding Assessment helps you get the real story about how you are perceived by those who know you best. It gives you the critical feedback you need so you can grow your career and stand out as a leader. *Temporarily unavailable.
Leadership, Values, Personality and other Career-Enhancing Assessments Additional assessments including but not limited to DISC, Clifton Strengths Finder 2.0 and The Leadership Circle, are offered through various GVSU certified team members and contract providers. If you would like more information or a certified provider contact’s information for you and/or your team, ask your career consultant. Please know there may be a charge for these third party assessment services.
Free Online Assessments. In addition to the more personalized assessment approach, there are many online free assessments that may provide additional insight. Though they are not endorsed by GVSU Human Resources department, these assessments may help with your career development planning. Here are just a few:
- Minnesota State CAREERwise Education Career Cluster Assessment. This survey lets you rate activities you enjoy, your personal qualities, and school subjects you like. Then you can see which career clusters are a match for your interests - Survey
- The MyPlan Career Values Test uses “cards” with statements to help you rank your preferences about different aspects of work in regards to your ideal job. My Plan
- The Princeton Review Career Quiz is designed to estimate your personal interests and usual style, and help you to pair those results with a career field and related educational options. Career Quiz
- Eureka - True Colors and MicroSkills Assessment designed to empower with the tools to identify personalities, values, interests and more. EUREKA