COVID information for Vaccinated Students
The most important place to start is to fill out your GVSU Self-Assessment and indicate your vaccine status and upload all necessary information. The Self-Assessment must be completed each day of the academic year, including the day you arrive for move-in.
- Pack face coverings and any other items you might need to keep your new space safe and clean. Face coverings are currently required in all buildings.
- If you begin to experience symptoms, first update your GVSU Self-Assessment and then contact the Housing & Residence Life COVID Assistance Line at (616) 331-9595. For more information on Quarantine, Isolation and Notification please click Here. Please stay home/in your room or apartment until you have received your test results and have been contacted by university staff.
- For more information about testing call (833) 734-0020 and to learn about your quarantine/isolation stay please visit our website.
- Make a plan! Any student testing positive for COVID and any unvaccinated students who have been in close contact with a known case will not be able to utilize shared spaces such as bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, lounges, or study rooms. When planning for the possibility of quarantine and isolation consider the following:
- Determine with your parents or supporters if you will utilize one of GVSU’s on-campus quarantine/isolation units or leave campus. If you leave campus consider the assumed risks of COVID transmission to those you might stay with.
- Prepare a bag or box with extra clothes, toiletries, medication, food items, school supplies, and entertainment/hobby items to allow you to move to your quarantine/isolation room in a faster and more convenient manner.
- Lastly, keep updated by checking the Lakers Together webpage periodically and checking your GVSU student email account.
For additional information and resources for students living on campus related to COVID, please visit our main COVID information page by clicking the button below
- If you are experiencing symptoms, have had a Positive COVID test, have failed your self assessment or have been contact traced, please email email@example.com and/or call (616) 331-9595 (see below for additional details).
- If you need any additional food, supplies or assistance please complete a request at Quarantine and Isolation Requests Form. More information about using your meal plan can be found below.
- If you have an urgent need after business hours, on the weekend, or during a university closure, please contact either the Residential Front Desk or call (616) 331-9595.
We are excited to announce that we have created a new call line (616) 331-9595 is for on-campus GVSU residents who have a close contact exposure, failed self-assessment, or positive Covid-19 test and may need to be relocated to a new space or provided additional resources to quarantine or isolate in place. Please note that this line does not replace the Spectrum Covid Hotline for inquiring about symptoms and getting tested, which is (833) 734-0020. Additionally, you will have the option to leave a voicemail if your call is not answered, but not text message.
For general questions and less urgent matters regarding quarantine and isolation, please continue to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.