New issue of Grand Valley Magazine offers diverse content
Posted on March 05, 2018
Trying to coordinate the members of 20 different student organizations for a photoshoot was a lot like herding cats.
The results are featured in the winter issue of Grand Valley Magazine. Watch a video that goes behind the scenes to see how the Kirkhof Center photo was coordinated to highlight Campus Life Night 2.0, a recruitment event.
Issues of the publication will be mailed to homes soon; visit gvsu.edu/gvmagazine to see the following features.
• Gaming the lottery: With help from Grand Valley students and students in other countries, Jeff Kelly Lowenstein's investigation has uncovered cheaters, and a plan by lottery officials to extract more money from people with low incomes.
• Learning across generations: A unique class of honors college students and senior citizens meets weekly to create "The GPS of Aging" for the community.
• Give it to me straight: Local professionals work with students as mentors through a Seidman College of Business program.
• Flying high: Students at West Michigan Aviation Academy are learning engineering feats because of a strong curriculum partly supported by Grand Valley.
• Q&A with Marcia Haas: The university's first lady discusses her family, her favorite campus events and a few other things close to her heart.