GVSU students working at Cannes Film Festival
Posted on May 07, 2018
Fourteen students in the hospitality and tourism management (HTM) program at Grand Valley are spending two weeks in France working at the Cannes International Film Festival.
The invitation-only festival previews new films of all genres and is considered one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world. This year's festival runs from May 8-19.
Lorie Tuma, assistant professor of hospitality and tourism management, said students are among the select few who have full access for the duration of the festival, coordinating events at The American Pavilion. They will hold official positions in international pavilions, host press panels, assist A-List celebrities and coordinate exclusive events.
"We know students benefit from international industry-related experience," said Tuma. "The GVSU program is the only sanctioned faculty-led program in the world at Cannes, and I am proud to share this experience with these 14 amazing students."
For more information, contact Lorie Tuma at (989) 506-3805 or email@example.com.
Students attending, their hometown, and assignment in Cannes:
• Aleisha Balhorn, Pinconning, Michigan – restaurant and bar
• Mollie Barnes, Royal Oak, Michigan – membership services
• Lauren Butzer, Rockford, Michigan – public relations (internal and external)
• Pierce Cesaretti, Midland, Michigan – coffee and cappuccino bar, owned by Robert DeNiro
• Kristi Dobreff, Harrison Township, Michigan – sponsorship liaison
• Emily Finn, Birmingham, Michigan – public relations (internal and external)
• Hannah Hooton, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan – membership services
• Delaney Hope, Flushing, Michigan – membership services
• Austin Irving, Riverview, Michigan – terrace VIP red carpet with Armand LaChance
• Adam Kimball, Saugatuck, Michigan – membership services
• Rebecca Maksimovic, Plainfield, Illinois – membership services
• Briana Plaisier, Kalamazoo, Michigan – terrace VIP red carpet with Armand LaChance
• Kiannah Vandenberg, Holland, Michigan – terrace VIP red carpet with Armand LaChance
• Veronica Visscher, Holland, Michigan – photographer and videographer