Health Forum event focus: prescription drug pricing
Posted on November 30, 2018
Panelists at the next Health Forum of West Michigan event held at Grand Valley will discuss prescription drug pricing.
"The Cost of Prescription Drugs: Highs and Lows" is set for Friday, December 7, from 8-9:30 a.m. in the DeVos Center, Loosemore Auditorium.
Panelists, listed below, will discuss the fundamentals of drug pricing, legislative issues, and challenges in the process. The event is free and open to the public. A light breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m.; RSVP online at gvsu.edu/vphealth.
• Christina Barrington, vice president of pharmacy programs for Priority Health;
• Atheer Kaddis, vice president of pharmacy services for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan;
• Eric Roath, clinical care coordinator for Spartan Nash;
• and Greg Wellman, professor of pharmacy administration for Ferris State's College of Pharmacy.
• Michael Bouthillier, director of operations for Ferris State University College of Pharmacy, will serve as moderator.
Health Forums are sponsored by Grand Valley's Office of the Vice Provost for Health and coordinated with community partners, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and the Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement. Sponsorship is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.