GVSU president, alumni to help thousands move to campus
Posted on August 16, 2018
Grand Valley State University President Thomas J. Haas and hundreds of alumni, students, faculty and staff members will help more than 6,000 students move to campus August 20-22.
President Haas and his wife, Marcia Haas, will serve ice cream to families and new students on Wednesday, August 22, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. by Kleiner Commons on the Allendale Campus.
August 27 marks the first day of the fall semester.
A variety of welcome events will take place on the Allendale Campus:
• August 24: President Thomas J. Haas will deliver his annual Faculty/Staff Address at 10 a.m. in Louis Armstrong Theatre.
• August 24: Faculty and staff members will welcome the newest class of students during Convocation, a celebration that marks the beginning of the academic year, at 11:30 a.m. in the Fieldhouse.
• August 24: A dedication ceremony for the Arend and Nancy Lubbers Student Services Center will take place at 2 p.m.
• August 26: Grand Valley's first annual Live Eat RecFest invites students to learn about all things Campus Recreation, Housing and Campus Dining from 2-6 p.m. at the Rec Center.
• September 4: Thousands of students will learn about the more than 400 student organizations at Campus Life Night , a campus tradition that will take place in parking lot H from 6-8 p.m.