Event features panel of women in politics
Posted on October 23, 2017
Women who hold leadership roles will discuss challenges, opportunities and the importance of women in politics during a panel discussion October 25.
"Democracy 101: Women in Politics" will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. in room 215 of the Eberhard Center. The event is free and open to the public.
The event is part of Democracy 101, a series that focuses on public issues and democratic principles, processes and history.
• Rep. Winnie Brinks, State of Michigan House of Representatives
• Commissioner Ruth Kelly, City of Grand Rapids
• Sonya Hernandez, Hispanic-Latino Commission of Michigan
• Lupe Ramos-Montigny, State of Michigan Board of Education
• Wendy Falb, Grand Rapids Public Schools Board of Education
The event is co-sponsored by the Community Service Learning Center, Office for Integrative Learning and the Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity.
For more information, click here http://www.gvsu.edu/service/democracy-101-a-series-of-critical-conversations-181.htm