Graduate RSOs 2017-2018
Establishing a Registered Graduate Student Organization
Establishing a Registered Graduate Student Organization (Graduate RSO) for your graduate program is easier than you think! Listed below are the items required to start a graduate RSO.
A Registered Graduate Student Organization must have...
- Four (4) graduate students willing to serve as officers.
- One President and one Finance Officer
- A faculty/staff advisor
- A constitution (There are constitution templates available for your use if needed. Please contact GSA for these templates.)
Additional details for creating a graduate RSO:
- To be recognized and eligible for funding, all of the required organizational information will need to be submitted via OrgSync.
- To minimize delaying of the approval process, the group's advisor should contact Steven Lipnicki for additional information regarding their role, as an online training is mandatory.
- Once all of the required information is uploaded in OrgSync, GVSU's Student Organization Review Board (SORB) will review the status for approval at their next scheduled monthly meeting. Unfortunately, the GSA Funding Board is unable to consider any funding requests prior to SORB's approval since these requests must be approved through OrgSync.
Contact an Executive Board member for more information on how to establish a new graduate RSO for your graduate program.
For additional information, please visit the Student Organization Support page on OrgSync.
*Graduate RSOs differ slightly from undergraduate student organizations. Graduate student organizations do not need a Risk Management Officer.
Reasons to Get Involved
Advocate for your initiatives
Create change at Grand Valley
Network with colleagues
Develop your professional skill set
Increase access to job opportunities
Give back to the community through service projects
Build your resume
Be an active member of the graduate student community
Create lasting connections
Practice leadership skills
List of Current Registered Graduate Student Organizations
BGC - Biology Graduate Club
BGSA – Black Graduate Student Association
CCPS - International Student Group
DPT - Doctorate of Physical Therapy Organization
GSA - Graduate Student Association
HPGSA - Healthcare Professionals Graduate Student Alliance
ICMA - International City / County Management Association Graduate Student Chapter
KCON GSO - Kirkhof College of Nursing Graduate Student Organization
MA English Student Organization
MDSO – Medical Dosimetry Student Organization
MSWSO - Master of Social Work Student Organization
NPGSO - Nonprofit Professionals Graduate Student Organization
PTE OT - Pi Theta Epsilon - Occupational Therapy Honor Society
PAGES - Professional Association of Graduate Engineering Students
PAGS - Professional Association of Graduate Scientists
RPC - Richard Paul Clodfelter Student Society
SCGSO - School Counselor Graduate Student Organization
GSAB - Seidman Graduate Student Advisory Board
SAGA - Student Affairs Graduate Association
SASP - Student Affiliates in School Psychology
SOTA - Student Occupational Therapy Association