Admissions for Nursing, MSN
The admission process and acceptance into the KCON graduate programs is highly competitive. Applicants will be required to submit the following materials.
1. GVSU graduate application.
2. Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs that verify completion of baccalaureate and/or master's program(s) in nursing from CONE- or NLN-accredited schools. GPA will be calculated using all college coursework. 3.0/4.0 is required.
3. Current curriculum vitae or résumé.
4. Educational and professional goal statement. Statement must articulate an area of focus (advanced generalist, advanced clinical, or administrative practice) and describe how attaining a graduate nursing degree will facilitate goal achievement. Statement should be approximately two typed, double-spaced pages.
5. Scholarly writing sample on a specified topic. Applicants will submit this electronically through the application system.
6. Interview with KCON faculty.
7. Test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) for applicants whose native language is not English. Only original score reports will be accepted.
February 1 - Application deadline (application, transcripts, CV or resume, goal statement)
April 15 - Applicants informed of decision
May 15 - Applicants formally accept in writing via email or letter
Full admission is contingent on the following:
- Current licensure to practice in Michigan
- Successful completion of a required criminal background check and drug screen
- Compliance with health record, immunization, and other KCON graduate program requirements.