Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education
Grand Valley State University's Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education offers an emphasis in Adult and Higher Education and in College Student Affairs Leadership (CSAL). The program is designed for students who wish to develop competencies in teaching adult students and for individuals interested in college or university instructional affairs and administration.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Why study Higher Education at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
The $30 application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University.
Graduate Applications Dates
*NOTE: Early application is strongly encouraged. Applicants will be admitted on the basis of program approval. When all application materials have been received, Admissions will forward the complete portfolio for consideration to the College of Education – Student Information and Services Center. Once an application is complete, candidates should allow 4-6 weeks for written notification of their admission status.
- May 15 — Fall Semester Application Intake
- September 15 — Winter Semester Application Intake
- February 15 — Spring/Summer Semester Application Intake
For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the costs portion of the GVSU Financial Aid website. For financial support, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll.