Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Technology
Grand Valley State University's Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Technology prepares educators at all levels to integrate technology into teaching and learning, coordinate technology, manage technological resources, work in local or regional media centers, or explore the benefits of technology for instruction. The program prepares teachers and leaders to enhance the potential of their students and to evaluate the social and ethical implications of educational policies and practices.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The M.Ed. degree in educational technology (EDT) is aligned with the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Coaches (ISTE*C) and received national recognition from ISTE in 2016.
Why study Educational Technology at Grand Valley?
- State-of-the-art learning from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
- Collaborate with faculty members, outside experts, mentors, and like-minded colleagues, using the most advanced tools information, tools, and instructional materials.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- Fully Online: For those living outside of Kent, Ottawa and Muskegon counties; offered as a fully online program. The Online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Technology has been selected as one of the Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report and Best Colleges.com.
- Hybrid: Available to everyone; offered as a combination of both online and face-to-face classroom activities.
- Graduate Certificate In Online/Blended Instruction: Available to everyone.
M.Ed. in Education Technology program is a minimum of 33 credits. Courses focus on a variety of topics, including the following:
- Pedagogical issues
- Software and website evaluation
- Curriculum integration
- Acquisition and use of instructional materials and media
- Web-based and online instructional design
- Social and ethical issues for technology use in educational settings
- School and classroom adoption of technology
Click here to see the full course list.
Graduate Certificate requirements.
The $30 application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University.
For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the costs portion of the GVSU Financial Aid website. For financial support, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll.