LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Admission Requirements for ABA Graduate Certificate Program
Please note that these are the minimum requirements, and meeting them does not guarantee admission to the program. This is an intensive program with high expectations that students entering the program will be able to meet program requirements, pass the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam, and function as a qualified, competent, and ethical behavior analyst.
All students will start the program in the fall semester only. Preference will be given to applications received by June 1st.
Complete the degree-seeking graduate application.
Students may enter the ABA Graduate Certificate program in two ways:
1. Applicants to the ABA Graduate Certificate program must demonstrate completion of a Master’s Degree with a minimum 3.0 grade point average prior to entry. To be eligible for consideration, applications must include submission of the following materials:
- all graduate admission materials required by the university (below)
- a professional vita or resume
- three professional letters of recommendation
- a 2-page personal statement outlining interest in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis and the program at Grand Valley State University, relevant experience, and educational and professional goals
- Note: GRE score is NOT required.
2. Students admitted to the GVSU school psychology graduate program are automatically admitted to the ABA graduate certificate program.
University Application Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed degree seeking graduate application for admission through the psychology department
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley
- For those whose native language is NOT English, scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System)