Webinar Facilitation Grant
GRANT AT A GLANCE
- Amount: $500
- Purpose: For faculty who facilitate a group webinar viewing and discussion on a teaching and learning related topic.
- Eligibility: All faculty: full- or part-time.
- Application Timing: Applications will be accepted year round until funds are depleted.
- Of Note: Webinars must include a minimum of four faculty participants.
Webinar Facilitation Grant
Webinar Facilitation Grants are designed to bring together a group of interested faculty to collectively view a live or recorded webinar and follow up with a group discussion. The format is a cost-effective onsite alternative to conference travel. The grant is awarded to a faculty member who agrees to facilitate the event. Funding covers the webinar registration fee and (optional) refreshments for the meeting.
Up to $500 to cover webinar fee and light refreshments.
All faculty, full- or part-time, are eligible to apply. Note: GVSU Staff may participate with approval of their supervisor.
Apply by completing an application in the FTLC Grants System.
- The facilitator/applicant will ideally identify at least three additional participants committed to attending the webinar. The Pew FTLC reserves the right to cancel a webinar if participation is extremely low.
- Once a webinar facilitation grant is approved, the event will be publicized in the Pew FTLC Newsletter and open to all interested GVSU faculty or staff members.
- As facilitator, you will be responsible for:
- serving as a point of contact for attendees and the Pew FTLC
- working with the Pew FTLC staff to register for the webinar, secure a room with proper technology to view the webinar, and (optional) order refreshments
- facilitating a post-webinar dialogue
- if applicable, securing reimbursement from the Pew FTLC
- submitting a Final Report on behalf of the group
Note: Facilitating a webinar is a form of service to the University and may be noted as such in your Faculty Activity Report.
Each applicant who is awarded a Webinar Facilitation Grant will be responsible for submitting a Final Report via the online grant system within 30 days of the webinar. The Pew FTLC will send out an automatic reminder e-mail for your convenience. The Final Report will ask for you to summarize the following (500 word limit):
- What tools, skills, knowledge and/or professional connections did you gain by attending the webinar?
- What is the anticipated impact of the webinar on your teaching?
- What are your plans to disseminate your new knowledge?
- Please include a final list of participants including name, unit and college of each faculty member.
To submit a Final Report, click on "Final Report" under "Application Details" within the FTLC Grant System. Reimbursements will not be processed until a Final Report has been received.
Please note: We read these reports with great interest and use them:
- To verify that our investment in you had an impact on our students' learning and on your professional development
- To glean ideas for new FTLC endeavors which can benefit more students and faculty
- To improve our processes and outcomes
All expenditures associated with this grant should be submitted to the Pew FTLC on a Travel and Expense Form along with original, detailed receipts. Your receipt should list the items purchased and the participants. Please send your completed and signed Travel and Expense form to the Pew FTLC, 068 James H Zumberge Hall (JHZ).