UFit-V Online Personal Training
SET GOALS. TRACK PROGRESS. SEE RESULTS. IMPROVE YOUR LIFE!
UFit-V is a comprehensive online personal training program. A certified fitness professional will develop a customized fitness plan for you, based off goals you set for yourself.
- Measurable. Our programs see measurable results through the use of safe, established scientific research. There are no "trendy" gimmicks or fad diets involved. The plan is developed around your schedule and your preferences. UFit-V plans are real plans for real people.
- Convenient. We try our best to schedule our appointments at times that are convenient for you. We can conduct appointments through Skype, ooVoo, or the telephone. You can achieve your goals and see results without ever needing to go to the gym.
- Versatile. No matter your health or wellness goal, the UFit-V Program will help you get there. Whether you are looking to lose weight, improve your cardio, change your eating habits, or any other lifestyle change, our staff have the experience, knowledge, and resources to help you change your life.
What's the cost?
UFit-V programs are cost effective. Because we are affiliated with Grand Valley State University, we are in a unique position to offer personal training services at a significantly cheaper rate than elsewhere. Our main goal is to help you improve your health and wellness. Any costs associated with this program simply offset our costs in running this program.
- $50 for three sessions and personal trainer correspondence.
- Additional sessions are provided at a discounted rate.
Current GVSU students and members of the GVSU Alumni Association receive a 20% discount.
How does it work?
The UFit-V Program is a dynamic, multi-stage system. We realize that things don't always go as planned. Instead of just giving you a program and leaving you on your own to follow it, the UFit-V Program relies on your feedback and communication to make sure you see progress in working toward your goals!
- Video Conferencing. Most of our appointments will be done through video conferencing. In order to better serve you, we can use either Skype or ooVoo, both of which can be used without an additional cost to you.
- Telephone. If video conferencing is not available, we can also conduct sessions via telephone. However, video is preferred as it allows us to better demonstrate exercises and provide vital feedback.
Between sessions, you still have access to your certified fitness professional via e-mail, which allows you to get your questions answered promptly!
Session 1: Meeting and Goal Setting (45-60 min)
- This is an opportunity for you and your trainer to get to know one another. The trainer will discuss your health and wellness goals, as well as gather the information he or she needs to make your program.
- It's also an opportunity to get any of your initial questions answered, and get immediate feedback and suggestions about what you can do to get started.
Session 2: Program Description and Demonstration (45-60 min)
- Your trainer will provide a detailed explanation of your program and will demonstrate any exercises given.
- You will also be given an opportunity to try the exercises, provide feedback to the trainer, and get any modifications made to the program.
Session 3: Progress and Goal Update (30 min)
- The third appointment is typically 4-6 weeks after your second appointment. You and your trainer will discuss your goals and progress in your program.
- Modifications to your program will be made based off of your progress and your goals will be assessed as well. You will also have an opportunity to ask your trainer any questions you may have about what to do next.
Ongoing throughout the program
- Individual communication with your trainer.
- If at any point you ever have a question about your program or something health or wellness related, you will be able to e-mail your trainer and he or she will respond directly to you!