It is important to have both a healthy mind and body. The Fitness and Wellness Services has a FREE UFit Plan for students, where they meet with an Exercise Technician to discuss their wellness goals, current health, fitness, nutrition and lifestyle status.
The UFit Plan creates an individualized exercise program catered to your fitness goals and abilities as well as provides motivational and accountability strategies to help you along your journey. This program allows you to:
- Meet with qualified staff to review your medical and health history.
- Identify and set goals.
- Complete a fitness appraisal.
- Receive a strength, cardiovascular and flexibility program.
- Track your progress, achieve goals and see results.
- Incorporate nutrition, stress management, and lifestyle strategies if necessary.
- Unable to make it to the Rec Center or on campus to meet with us?
- Try the UFit-V Program, an online personal training option designed for you.
What's the Cost?
- Free for Students
- $25 for Non-Students
- Initial interview with goal setting
- Optional fitness testing
- Equipment orientation
- Wellness, strength, flexibility and cardiovascular program
- Goal and progress checks
HOW TO GET STARTED
STEP 1: Contact the Fitness & Wellness Center at 331-3659 or email us at email@example.com to set up your first appointment
STEP 2: Print off, complete, and bring the following documents with you to your first appointment. (If you are having trouble printing, you can pick this up at the Fitness and Wellness Center).
To be prepared for your first appointment, the following should be completed:
- Schedule your appointment by calling the Fitness and Wellness Center at 616-331-3659 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Pre-Intake Form and bring it with you to your initial appointment.
- Review the Medical History and Records Request forms below.
During your first appointment, you will have the option to complete a fitness assessment. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following prior to your test:
- Do not do any strenuous activity the day of or before the test.
- Get 6-8 hours of rest the night before the test.
- If taking any medications, check with your Health Care Provider to discuss possible reactions to exercise and proper dosage during testing procedures.
- Remember to eat a balanced breakfast/lunch the day of the test (excluding caffeine and tobacco 2-3 hours and alcohol 8-12 hours prior to testing).
- Wear clothes that will not restrict your movement (ie. Shorts, workout pants, Tshirt)