Group Exercise Passes
Due to the unexpected roof repairs in the Fieldhouse the dance studio is temporarily offline.
Monday June 11th Group Exercise Class location changes: due to the roof construction tonight's classes will be relocated:
5p Spin Instructional Fitness/Spinning Studio room D30
6p Yoga FH 30 Combative Room lower level of Rec
7p HIIT Outdoor Sand Volleyball courts
Stay tuned for updates, we apologize about any inconveniences!
Please advise that some instructors may offer to have classes outside if the weather is nice and participants are willing.
WHAT IS GROUP EXERCISE?
Our certified instructors offer effective and safe workouts in a fun, friendly, and social atmosphere. Participants can burn calories, improve their fitness, experience the GVSU community, and manage stress in a positive way. Our instructors are able to teach to all fitness levels, therefore, all class formats are designed to meet the needs of beginner, intermediate, and advanced participants. Passes are available for purchase to students, faculty, staff, and GVSU alumni who have a current fieldhouse membership.
- All classes are on a drop-in basis; first-come, first-served with the exception of SPIN and TRX classes which require you to sign up for a bike or trainer.
- Classes designed for specific experience levels are indicated in the description.
- All class formats are 45-minutes unless otherwise indicated.
- Class schedules are largely based on space and instructor availability and are subject to change.
- There will be no classes during Memorial Day.
*Faculty/Staff who are also enrolled as a student at GVSU, are considered Faculty/Staff first and do not qualify for student pricing for group exercise passes
**Alumni with current Rec Center membership (more information below)
- All student, faculty and staff participants must purchase their semester pass ONLINE.
- If you do not have access to make online payments, passes can be purchased at the Fitness & Wellness Services office.
- All student, faculty and staff participants must complete an annual Agreement to Participate and Release of Liability form.
- All passes are good for the semester in which they are purchased. A new pass must be purchased each semester.
- You must present identification to enter the Recreation Center and the Kelly Family Sports Center, as well as to enter classes.
- After purchasing your pass, your pass goes directly to your GVSU ID! Therefore, there is no need to pick up a pass anywhere. Simply take your GVSU ID to class and scan in!*
Email email@example.com with your inquiry and stop by the Campus Recreation office to purchase your pass.
Due to overcrowding in our Group Exercise classes, Campus Recreation must now limit the number of passes sold. If you are an alumni who has a current fieldhouse membership, you are eligible to purchase a pass.
Please note that alumni will NOT have the option to reserve a bike or TRX trainer in advance of classes.