Group Ex Instructor Mentorship Program
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR WINTER 2019
Campus Recreation takes on GVSU students who have little or no experience teaching that are looking for help in the process of obtaining a professional certification and want to gain skills as an instructor.
Aspiring instructors/students are paired up with more experienced instructors who help them develop their skills as they slowly take on more and more teaching responsibility over the course of a semester.
Questions can be directed to Tess Swastek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a resume and a letter of interest (professional goals, why you are interested, what you hope to gain, etc.) to Tess Swastek at email@example.com.
- Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted in early January for more information regarding interests, goals, and more.
- Mentees will be selected a few week after the semester begins. The number will vary based on the number of skilled mentor instructors available.
- Sign-on as a mentee and agree to expectations of the development program.
- Upon completion of program, qualified mentees may have the opportunity to complete a demo class as part of the hiring/selection process to become an instructor for Campus Recreation.
- Enrolled as a GVSU student
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing and/or minimally 2 semesters remaining at GVSU
- Plan to obtain a nationally recognized certification or currently have a certification with no teaching experience