For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Framework for Integrity
The University authorized the Financial and Information Security Team (FIST) to provide a University framework of the effective management for financial and other information, financial controls, cyber security, and enterprise risks, through promotion of a culture of integrity, continuous improvement, and assurance. Within this framework:
1. Each department and/or function at the University incorporates a philosophy of “Continuous Improvement” into critical decision-making.
2. The University acknowledges and supports the prevention, detection, monitoring, testing and correction of problems and concerns as a means to continuously improve the integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
3. “Continuous Improvement” is a journey, not a destination.
4. Audits present opportunities for improvement and assurance, not punishment. Prevention and detection audit controls are essential elements of the continuous improvement process.
5. A “Continuous Improvement” culture supports a constantly improving cyber program for:
a) assessing data security risks, both technological and “securing the human”
b) establishing appropriate controls and safeguards
c) monitoring and testing controls
6. A "Continuous Improvement" culture promotes ongoing improvements in the legal compliance framework, processes and controls needed to ensure that university operations are conducted in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
7. A “Continuous Improvement” culture regularly engages in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) that involves:
a) risk assessment and analysis – “where are we today?”
b) open dialogue about risk tolerance
c) development of plans to address risk gaps and lowering likelihood and/or impact of risk events
8. A “Continuous Improvement” culture ensures the provision of appropriate resources for activation and enablement of assessments, plans and activities.