LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
American Association of University Women - Jackson Branch Scholarship
Description: The Jackson Branch of the American Association of University Women has a scholarship available for two Jackson County women who are pursuing a four-year undergraduate degree at an accredited Michigan college or university. Students who are currently completing their sophomore or junior year are invited to apply for one of the two scholarships. Students who have received the scholarship previously are not eligible. Special consideration will be given to students with financial need.
- Established scholastic record for two years of college, with official transcripts from all course work at all colleges and/or universities attended.
- Contingent upon acceptance by an accredited four-year Michigan college or university and enrollment with intent to receive a bachelor’s degree. The scholarship is not awarded for study beyond the four-year degree nor for a second four-year degree.
- Must be a female resident of Jackson County, but may reside outside of Jackson County at a state college or university for the school year.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Some leadership ability evidenced in quality of extracurricular activities. This may include work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or one faculty and one employer recommendation commenting on the candidate’s academic achievement and character.
- A completed two-page application form
Contact Information: Jean Renando | email@example.com
This is an outside scholarship. Grand Valley State University does not have affiliation with this scholarship agency and does not take part in the selection of the scholarship. Please remember that GVSU does not endorse any specific web site nor is GVSU responsible for the content on the various web sites. We are simply providing these links as a courtesy to you.
Eligible Enrollment Status:
Eligible Student Status:
Area of Interest:
Advertising and Public Relations
African American Studies
Allied Health Sciences
Art - Studio Art
Athletic Training - Clinical Exercise Science
Cell and Molecular Biology
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Comprehensive Science and Arts for Teaching
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
East Asian Studies
Education - Elementary/Middle Teaching (K-8)
Education - Middle/Secondary/High School Teaching (7-12)
Education - Special Education (all grades)
Engineering - Computer Engineering
Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Engineering - Interdisciplinary Engineering
Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Engineering - Product Design & Manufacturing Engineering
Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Exercise Science - Clinical
Exercise Science - Health Fitness Instruction
Film And Video
Global Studies and Social Impact
Health Information Management
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Human Resources Management
Integrated Science Elementary
Integrated Science Secondary
Medical Laboratory Science
Middle East Studies
Natural Resources Management
Occupational Safety and Health Management
Physician Assistant Studies
Public and Nonprofit Administration
Supply Chain Management
Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies