We recommend the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) website for information on routine child health concerns. Their parent section has great information and is easy to search by topic. The other sites are also wonderful sources of information. The GVSU Family Health Center is not responsible for their content or for any links following from these sites. Information in these sites should not serve as a substitute for medical advice from your child's health care provider.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- CDC Information on Immunizations - Link for what would happen if we stopped immunizing.
- Child Care Resources of Southwest Michigan - They also have a Facebook page. Information on what defines high quality child care/preschool and resources available in the community for all income ranges (including those who qualify for state assistance.)
- Healthy Children Symptom Checker - Get information about what could be causing your child's symptoms
- How to Prevent Your Child From Drowning
- Children’s Product Recalls
- Child Safety
- Mayo Clinic
- US Centers for Disease Control
- USDA Website for the Food Pyramid
- Real Food for Real Life - guidance on how to feed your child from a registered dietician. She also has a great book Help Take the Fight Out of Food.
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Gurze Catalog - for psychological and eating disorder materials
There are many resources available to parents facing questions regarding their children's healthcare. When to go to the ER, how to receive assistance in finding a dentist, when to call this office, and much more can be answered in the following pages. Please have a look around and feel free to provide any feedback on our Comment Form as to how we can make this website more helpful to you as a parent.