Make an Appointment
To make an in-person or video appointment, please call the GVSU Family Health Center at (616) 331-9830.
- Have your insurance card available.
- You will be asked for your email address in order to be granted access to our Patient Portal. The Patient Portal provides you with direct access to your record, your provider, and our office.
After scheduling your appointment, please log on to the Patient Portal to fill out your Health History Form.
- Click on the Appointments Tab
- Click on the Upcoming Appointments Reminder
- Select the Portal Health History link
- Please complete ALL of the history links available
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
Bring the following items with you to your appointment.
- Photo ID
- Your Insurance Card
- Any co-payment that is your responsibility to pay in accordance with your insurance policy. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to pay $130 prior to your visit. If your visit is less than $130, you will be issued a refund by mail. If it is more than $130, you will be billed for the difference.
The following are necessary forms that must be filled out prior to being seen at our office. Please carefully review and complete these documents and bring them to your first appointment:
- Demographic Sheet
- Authorization to Evaluate, Treat, and Release Records
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA)
Do you have any questions about these requirements? Contact Brianne Burke, Patient Services Manager at [email protected].
In order to obtain your medical records from our office or to have them sent to our office from another office or facility, a signed Record of Release (ROR) form must be filled out.
RECORD OF RELEASE FOR THE GVSU FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
RECORD OF RELEASE FOR OTHER PROVIDERS
Please note that we are unable to accept requests or releases via email. You are welcome to mail, fax, or drop off the form at our office. Records will be faxed or mailed to other providers free of charge. Personal copies are records are subject to a fee.