Immunization and Vaccination
VACCINATIONS - DID YOU KNOW?
- You do NOT have to be an established patient to receive immunizations at the GVSU Family Health Center.
- Students, faculty/staff, and the community are welcome to schedule an appointment.
- Travel immunizations are offered; when scheduling please note the date and destination of travel
- Patients pay out of pocket at the time of service for travel vaccines; the GVSU Family Health Center will then bill insurance.
- Insurance companies are billed directly for "standard" vaccines.
Payment from insurance is not guaranteed. Please contact your insurance company for questions regarding plans, coverage, and deductibles.
Fall 2021 Flu Clinics
Flu Clinic Schedule
Flu Clinics will be back on campus this October for students, faculty, and staff. Sign up to save your spot using the registration form for all on-campus clinics. As always, walk-ins at the Family Health Center, during office hours are welcome. (Lunch is from 12:00pm-1:00pm)
Please have your Laker Self-Assessment completed and pulled up on your device before entering. Due to current regulations, face coverings/masks will be required. In order to maintain a social distance, please sign up for an available time slot. To ensure CDC guidelines are followed please arrive at the scheduled time with your completed form(s).
Please call the GVSU Family Health Center at (616) 331-9830 with any questions.
2021 GVSU Flu Shot Clinics:
- Oct. 5th 9:00am-11:00am-University Club Pew Campus
- Oct 6th 11:00am-1:00pm- Kirkhof Center Room 2263
- Oct. 7th 5:00pm-7:00pm-GVSU Family Health Center
- Oct. 12th 12:00pm-2:00pm- Fieldhouse Upper Arena
- Oct. 13th 1:00pm-3:00pm- University Club Pew Campus
- Oct. 15th 9:00am-10:00am- Annis Water Resources Institute (Muskegon)
- Oct. 18th 11:00am-1:00pm- DeVos Center for Interprofessional Health Room 104
- Oct. 20th 2:00pm-4:00pm- Kirkhof Center Room 2215/2216
- Oct. 27th 2:00pm-4:00pm- Cook-Devos Center for Health Sciences Room 233
- Nov. 2nd 11:00am-1:00pm-Fieldhouse Upper Arena Area
Travel Health and Immunizations
Offered Immunizations for Travel:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Yellow Fever (Certified Clinic) TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
Offered Prescriptions for Travel: Malaria Prophylaxis (requires appointment with nurse practitioner)