Immunization and Vaccination
VACCINATIONS - DID YOU KNOW?
- You do NOT have to be an established patient to receive immunizations at the GVSU Family Health Center.
- Students, faculty/staff, and the community are welcome to schedule an appointment.
- Travel immunizations are offered; when scheduling please note the date and destination of travel
- Patients pay out of pocket at the time of service for travel vaccines; the GVSU Family Health Center will then bill insurance.
- Insurance companies are billed directly for "standard" vaccines.
Payment from insurance is not guaranteed. Please contact your insurance company for questions regarding plans, coverage, and deductibles.
Fall 2022 Flu Clinics
Flu Clinic Schedule
Flu Clinics will be back on campus this Fall for students, faculty, and staff. Sign up to save your spot using the registration form for all on-campus clinics. As always, walk-ins at the Family Health Center, during office hours are welcome. (Lunch is from 12:00pm-1:00pm)
Please call the GVSU Family Health Center at (616) 331-9830 with any questions.
2022 GVSU Flu Shot Clinics:
- Sept. 28th 11:00am-1:00pm Kirkhof Center Room 2215/2216
- Sept. 29th 5:00pm-7:00pm Family Health Center 72 Sheldon Blvd.
- Oct. 3rd 11:00am-1:00pm Fieldhouse Upper Lobby
- Oct. 4th 12:00pm-2:00pm University Club Pew Campus
- Oct. 6th 7:00am-9:00am Family Health Center 72 Sheldon Blvd.
- Oct. 12th 11:00am-1:00pm DCIH Room 102
- Oct. 13th 12:00pm-2:00pm Kirkhof Center Room 2215-2216
- Oct. 14th 9:00am-10:00am Annis Water Resources Institute (Muskegon)
- Oct. 17th 11:00am-1:00pm University Club Pew Campus
- Oct. 20th 1:00pm-3:00pm DCIH Room 445
- Oct. 28th 11:00am-1:00pm Fieldhouse Upper Lobby
Travel Health and Immunizations
Offered Immunizations for Travel:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Yellow Fever (Certified Clinic) TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
Offered Prescriptions for Travel: Malaria Prophylaxis (requires appointment with nurse practitioner)
Bring the following items with you to your appointment.
- Photo ID
- Your Insurance Card
- Any co-payment that is your responsibility to pay in accordance with your insurance policy. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to pay $130 prior to your visit. If your visit is less than $130, you will be issued a refund by mail. If it is more than $130, you will be billed for the difference.
The following are necessary forms that must be filled out prior to being seen at our office. Please carefully review and complete these documents and bring them to your first appointment:
Please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website.
If you are unsure of what routine immunizations you have had, contact
your primary care provider to obtain an immunization record.
If you are not able to obtain your immunization record through your PCP you may set up an appointment with one of our nurses to assist you.
Please visit the Michigan Department of Community Health website to view their Vaccine Information Sheets.
Please note that if you are on the sliding scale for payments, your reduced payments do not apply to immunizations.