What are Fellowships?
Fellowships are inter/nationally competitive, highly selective funding opportunities for bright and talented students and alumni to pursue study, research, public or foreign service, and more, at both the undergraduate and graduate level domestically and overseas. They fund exceptional "high impact" learning experiences as a means of attaining larger educational and career goals. Students who receive these awards are recognized for their previous track records of academic performance, leadership, service (campus, local, state, national, and international levels), and involvement, research, foreign language acquisition, or a combination thereof. Smaller awards or those that target first- and second-year students often serve as springboards to greater opportunities!
- aspire to make a profound difference in this world through your talents, strengths, passions, and interests?
- want to lead a life of extraordinary consequence?
If so, please contact us and explore the opportunities offered by the Frederik Meijer Office of Fellowships to learn more.
Reasons to Apply
There are many reasons to apply for the opportunities within our office. Students who applied for nationally competitive awards but did not receive them, have nevertheless articulated numerous benefits to submitting an application:
- Learn how to submit a nationally competitive award application
- Prepare for the graduate school application processes
- Develop parallel plans or new future options
- Define career and educational goals
- Discover one's purpose and realize one's potential
- Dream bigger and reach new heights
- Build confidence and personal motivation
- Apply for more nationally competitive awards
- Pursue greater opportunities once never thought possible
- Discover strengths and skills within yourself
- Practice writing personal statements
- Build relationships with faculty
- Learn how to ask for letters of recommendation
- Develop stronger writing skills and enhance your writing style
- Connect with other students applying for similar awards