What are Fellowships?
Nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships are highly selective funding opportunities for bright and talented students to pursue study, research, public or foreign service, and more, at both the undergraduate and graduate level in the U.S. and abroad. They fund exceptional learning experiences as a means of attaining larger educational and career goals. Students who receive these awards are recognized for their previous track records of stellar academic performance, outstanding leadership, service (campus, local, state, national, and international levels), and involvement, research, foreign language acquisition, and more. Importantly, they are often springboards to even greater opportunities!
- have big dreams for your future?
- desire to make a profound difference in this world through your talents, strengths, passions, and interests?
- want to lead a life of extraordinary consequence?
If so, explore the opportunities in our office to learn more.
If you instead are looking for immediate funding, we encourage you to contact the GVSU Financial Aid Office to discuss your circumstances and/or peruse the following websites:
Reasons to Apply
Students who applied for nationally competitive awards but did not receive them, have nevertheless articulated numerous benefits to submitting an application:
- Learn how to submit a nationally competitive award application
- Prepare for the graduate school application processes
- Develop parallel plans or new future options
- Define career and educational goals
- Discover one's purpose and realize one's potential
- Dream bigger and reach new heights
- Build confidence and personal motivation
- Apply for more nationally competitive awards
- Pursue greater opportunities once never thought possible
- Discover strengths and skills within yourself
- Practice writing personal statements
- Build relationships with faculty