GVSU students and alumni have secured over $5,000,000 in (inter)nationally competitive award competitions, supporting a wide range of enriching experiences, including study abroad, graduate study, research, language study, teaching, service learning, internship, community and service opportunities.
The Frederik Meijer Office of Fellowships serves ALL students and alumni of GVSU, including all majors or areas of study. Many awards we support specifically target underrepresented students in higher education.
It is students’ responsibility to explore opportunities by using our website, searching in databases, or otherwise finding nationally competitive awards. Students interested in local awards will be referred to other GVSU offices.
5-Step Guide: How to Apply for Fellowships
1. Explore Opportunities
Use the headings on this site to browse opportunities.·
- Make sure you are eligible
- Understand your timeline
- Identify reasons why you would be a good candidate
2. Meet with an Advisor
First Step & Drop-in Advising
- Padnos International Center
- 130 Lake Ontario Hall
- Wednesdays 5:00–7:00 p.m.
- Only when Fall/Winter classes are in session
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more options
4. Submit before Deadline
- It is students' responsibility to ensure their application is submitted before deadline
- NO exceptions for late applications
5. Follow Up
- Email email@example.com to follow up and complete any remaining instructions.