Survivor & Inspiring Speaker: Leslie King - LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeTuesday, January 14, 2020
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2204 - Pere Marquette
Join us on January 14th to listen to Leslie King tell her inspiring story and talk about the issue of human trafficking in our area. Leslie is a Grand Rapids native, renowned speaker, and advocate for human trafficking survivors. She is a survivor of human trafficking herself and endured it for over 20 years. She is the Founder of Sacred Beginnings in Grand Rapids, MI which is an organization that helps survivors of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Leslie has won multiple awards for her hard work and advocacy for survivors including the 2008 YWCA Advocate of the Year, the 2011 Rising Hero Award, and the Michigan 2018 Liberator Award. She was also nominated for Woman of the Year in Grand Rapids, MI in 2005 and was chosen "50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan" in 2014. She will speak for an hour and half and there will be time at the end of the event for a Q&A.
- Civic Responsibility
- Division of Student Affairs » University Counseling Center
- Ethical Reasoning
- Foundations and Skills for Lifelong Learning
- Human Resources
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 100 » Social Justice & Human Rights
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Explanation of Oppression/ Discrimination That Harms Marginalized Communities