Study Abroad to Ghana Summer 2018
Date and TimeThursday, November 2, 2017
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- 205 Lake Huron Hall
- Do you want to study abroad?
- Are you planning to be a K-12 teacher?
- Do you want to complete 6 credits in one month?
- Do you need to complete your issues & ideas?
- Do you want to earn credits toward your English major or minor? CSAT major? AAA Studies minor?
Attend this info session about the Ghana Literature of the Slave Trade program!
About the program:
Cape Coast, Ghana — This exciting program to Cape Coast, Ghana is an excellent opportunity for future teachers and students interested in the trans-Atlantic slave trade. From the tomb of “Osagyefo” Kwame Nkrumah to the art markets at the city center, students will find themselves surrounded by diverse culture as Ghana is divided into some 75 ethnic groups. Students will be based at the University of Cape Coast. In addition to taking courses, there is a service-learning component through which students will spend a minimum of 12-16 hours total in schools or literacy NGOs, sharing children’s literature of the African diaspora and learning how literature is used in Ghanaian classrooms.
Dr. Amy Masko
Department of English
221 Lake Huron Hall