Popular Culture Operating "Religiously"- LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeMonday, April 15, 2019
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Lake Ontario Hall » 177 - Classroom
The way human beings experience certain phenomena in popular culture can be studied using the concepts in Religious Studies. This interactive program presented by students and faculty from GVSU's REL 340: Religion and Popular Culture class, will look NOT at the content of popular cultural phenomena for religious themes. Instead, we will look at the ways of experiencing popular culture as understood THROUGH the ways we study religions academically. Popular cultural phenomena presented will include: Virtual Reality, Public/Street Art, Cinema, Body Tattooing, and Hip Hop Culture.
Professor Brent Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org, 331-8050
- Academic » Academic Calendar
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 201