For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
P.E.P. Talks - LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeWednesday, October 17, 2018
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2266
Peer Education and Prevention Talks (P.E.P Talks) is a 90 minute program presented by Peer Educators who are GVSU students and are trained on understanding sexual assault and its impact on college campuses as well as other important topics such as consent, intimate partner violence, and sex-trafficking. They are trained on the Bringing in the Bystander Intervention Model. The purpose of this program is to educate the GVSU student population on how to be an active bystander in the various topics listed above. The program will consist of small and large group work, empathy building exercises, and statistics and examples of sexual assault found in the media. Please attend this session if you are interested on how to be an active bystander on and off campus.
LIB 100 Peer Mentor Hosted Event
If you have any questions or want more information, please contact:
Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity
1201 Kirkhof Center, 1 Campus Dr. Allendale, MI 49401
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- Division of Student Affairs » Recreation & Wellness » Student Wellness
- Division of Student Affairs » University Counseling Center
- Inclusion/Social Justice » LGBT Resource Center
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Office of Multicultural Affairs
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 100 » Social Justice & Human Rights
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Activism, Including Current or Historical Examples of Movements for Social Justice