Ottawa County Board of Commissioners Meeting
Date and TimeThursday, November 15, 2018
2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2204 - Pere Marquette
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2215/2216
The Ottawa County Board of Commissioners will be coming to our campus to hold their meeting so students, faculty, and administrators can check it out. This is an exciting and pivotal moment in the relationship between Ottawa County and our university in regards to expanding upon our two communities. The commissioners meeting will be in Pere Marquette room (KC 2204) and will go from 2:30-4pm. Immediately following there will be a “social half hour” with the elected officials and county leaders in the room next door (2215/16) that will take place with refreshments provided. At 4:30 the weekly student senate general assembly will take place back in Pere Marquette and, all are welcome and encouraged to come to this as well to see what goes on in a Senate meeting.
The local governing officials are extremely excited for this full afternoon of events and are eager to meet GVSU students, administrators, and faculty. Adam Elenbaas, Allendale township supervisor, Greg DeJong, chair of the county board, the county sheriff, and more will all be present to discuss what is going on in our community and opportunities to work together. The event is Lib 101/201 approved and President Haas will be present. We would love to have students, staff, community members, etc. present for this unique and historical coming together of university governance and local governance.
Rachel Jenkin, Student Senate President. email@example.com 734-307-6927
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Seidman College of Business
- Civic Responsibility
- Critical Thinking
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- Integrative Learning
- Intercultural Knowledge and Competence