Open Data Empowering Community: Equity, Health, and Civic Initiatives - LIB 100 APPROVED!
Date and TimeThursday, September 6, 2018
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- DeVos Center » 122E - Loosemore Auditorium
In this presentation sponsored by the Johnson Center, the City of Grand Rapids Digital Team will describe how they (1) use real-time data to inform decisions, (2) set key metrics to determine if programs and services are regularly meeting objectives, and (3) analyze the data to gain insights and drive actions that help improve community outcomes. This is all impossible without setting up a governance structure and data standards. Learn about the City of Grand Rapids journey of developing an equity-driven open data portal working in partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies “What Works Cities” Learn how GR is using data to engage their communities more effectively.
GR Digital Team Presenters:
- Alex Melton, Community Liaison, Customer Service
- Jon Oeverman, Information Systems Coordinator, Engineering
- Zac Thiel, Digital Data Strategist, Customer Service
- Hannah Walters, Engineering Assistant
Adriana Paz-Santos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civic Responsibility
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » Community Engagement/ Service Learning
- LIB 100 » Knowledge of Human Cultures & the Physical & Natural World