GVSU Blood Drive- American Red Cross (Sponsored by Sigma Lambda Gamma)
Date and TimeThursday, November 15, 2012
11:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Kirkhof Center, Room 2204 - Pere Marquette
Schedule an appointment by using the sponsor code “GVSU” at http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation-sponsor.
Donating blood is one of the best and easiest ways you can help save lives. You can choose when to donate, but people can’t choose when they need blood. When you donate at your convenience, you can save the life of someone who needs blood immediately and unexpectedly.
Facts about the Need for Blood
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
All info was obtained from the American Red Cross website. Feel free to check it out for other great facts!
Community Service Learning Center firstname.lastname@example.org