Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
Democracy 101: Why Democracy Needs the News - LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeWednesday, October 30, 2019
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Mary Idema Pew Library
While 'fake news' has become a concern for many, a bigger problem threatens the public's ability to make informed decisions: the collapse of local journalism. Building off of his work with the Pew Research Center and the Gallup Organization, Calvin College professor Jesse Holcomb will explain why community news is critical to civic life, and what can be done to save it.
LIB 100/201 approved and pizza will be provided.
Community Service Learning Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | 616-331-2348
- Division of Student Affairs
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life » Community Service Learning Center
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » Community Engagement/ Service Learning
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 100 » Social Justice & Human Rights
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Activism, Including Current or Historical Examples of Movements for Social Justice
- LIB 201 » How Structures & Systems Affect Diverse Populations