Democracy 101: Elect Her - LIB 100/201 Approved!
Date and TimeWednesday, November 20, 2019
5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Mary Idema Pew Library » Multipurpose Room
Women make up half of the population, but less than one in four elected leaders are women. When women run, they win at the same rates as men - the problem is that there aren't enough women running. Research shows that engaging women in politics in high school & college is key to increasing the number of women in public office. More than 56% of Congresswomen got their start in student government". Join Student Senate, Running Start, and women in public office to learn strategies to leverage your own power and elevate your voice. FREE PIZZA, LIB100/201 APPROVED.
Nominate a student for the event HERE.
Register for the event HERE.
- Civic Responsibility
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » Community Engagement/ Service Learning
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 100 » Social Justice & Human Rights
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Activism, Including Current or Historical Examples of Movements for Social Justice