For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Democracy 101: Water Around the Globe - LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeWednesday, November 6, 2019
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Mary Idema Pew Library » Multipurpose Room
In 2010 the United Nations declared access to clean water to be a universal human right that is essential to the enjoyment of all other rights, but nearly a decade later that right is unfulfilled for close to 1 billion people around the planet. Grand Valley professor Jeff Kelly Lowenstein is leading a global investigation into why this is happening, and what can be done about it, with journalists, data scientists, photographers and students from more than 25 countries from five continents. Join Professor Kelly Lowenstein and the CSLC, in collaboration with the Making Waves Initiative, for a dynamic conversation about one of the world's most critical issues.
LIB 100/201 approved and pizza will be provided.
Community Service Learning Center
email@example.com | 616-331-2348
- Civic Responsibility
- Division of Student Affairs
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life » Community Service Learning Center
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » Community Engagement/ Service Learning
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Activism, Including Current or Historical Examples of Movements for Social Justice