Civil Discourse Symposium: Immigrants and Refugees: Celebrating Our Diversity - LIB 100 / 201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeThursday, November 2, 2017
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Eberhard Center » 215-All
The Padnos/Sarosik Endowed Professorship of Civil Discourse prepares Grand Valley State University students to be leaders in advancing respectful, informed dialogue around vital social issues in their communities.
Civil discourse is engagement in discourse (conversation) intended to enhance understanding. Rather than focusing on the barriers and limitations of a situation, civil discourse involves a commitment to building on the possibilities and assets which folks around the table offer.
The 2017 symposium is titled: Immigrants and Refugees: Celebrating Our Diversity. It will offer students an opportunity to share in the stories of immigrants and refugees as well as a time to engage in civil discourse allong with faculty, staff, and members of the community.
A light dinner will be served starting at 5:00 PM. RSVP is requsted at this link.
- Academic » Academic Calendar
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Human Resources » Faculty & Staff
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Office of Multicultural Affairs
- LIB 100
- LIB 201
- Office of Student Life » Interfaith Organizations
- Office of Student Life » Leadership
- Office of Student Life » Special Interest Organizations
- Office of Student Life » Student Organization Meetings
- Office of Student Life » Student Senate