Black History Month: A New Era. LIB 100 / 201 APPROVED!
Date and TimeMonday, February 26, 2018
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Holton Hooker Learning and Living Center » 121A - Multipurpose Room
Black History Month: A New Era, will dive into why Black History Month was initially created and why it is still needed today. This program will be discussing the factors that led up to the creation of Black History Month as we now know it. For example, oppression, privilege, and power will be discussed during this program.As a Resident Assistant, I will be working with the Housing Department for this program to increase attendees' cultural competence and awareness to why there is a Black History Month.
-Show videos pertaining to the meaning of Black History Month and why it exists
-Have panel with RAs about their thoughts on videos and what Black History Month means to them
-Open up the crowd for questions facilitated by GA/RA/LCD
-Black History Kahoot game (prize offered)
Lavar Green-Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Division of Student Affairs » Housing and Residence Life
- Division of Student Affairs » Office of Student Life
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Office of Multicultural Affairs
- LIB 100
- LIB 201