Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
Bending the Arc Documentary - LIB 100/201 APPROVED!
A story of Paul Farmer
Date and TimeThursday, November 8, 2018
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Kindschi Hall of Science
As a global organization, Universities Allied for Essential Medicine (UAEM) seeks to advocate for equal access to life saving medicines that are otherwise out of reach to those in need. As a smaller, local branch of UAEM at GVSU we work to educate and bring awareness to our community. “Bending the Arc” is a documentary with values deeply entrenched in UAEM and we would like to share this with the Grand Valley community. There is a worldwide problem when it comes to medicine and “Bending the Arc” tells the inspiring story of Paul Farmer, a man who saved many lives around the world through access to medicine. Post documentary showing, UAEM of GVSU will lead a discussion on how we, as students, can actually make a difference and that our voices and actions matter.
LIB 100 Peer Mentor Hosted Event
- Academic » Academic Calendar
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Civic Responsibility
- Critical Thinking
- Ethical Reasoning
- Human Resources
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Integrative Learning
- Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
- LIB 100
- LIB 100 » Community Engagement/ Service Learning
- LIB 100 » LIB 100 Hosted Event
- LIB 201
- LIB 201 » Experiences & Intersectional Identities of Diverse Populations
- LIB 201 » Explanation of Oppression/ Discrimination That Harms Marginalized Communities