Auditions for King Lear
Date and TimeMonday, April 9, 2018
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Haas Center for Performing Arts
Open Auditions for:
Grand Valley 2018 Shakespeare Festival
And our touring Bard To Go
Where: Haas Center for Performing Arts, Room 1721
When: Sun., April 9 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Sun., April 10 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Call Backs: TBA
Performance Dates: September 28 - October 7, 2018
- Roles for males and females
- Opportunities for backstage duties
- Casting open to all students regardless of major or minor
- Academic credit available for cast and crew positions
- Rehearsals to be held on weekday evenings and weekends depending on schedule
- 8 Public performances
- Attend auditions by signing up at the Louis Armstrong Theatre box office in person, call 616-331-2300, or email email@example.com.
- Please prepare a 1 minute monologue and 16 lines of a Shakespeare play, preferred.
- Attend final casting “callbacks” on TBA, if notified.
Copies of the play for advance reading will be available online from GVSU library’s e-reserve service.
Pick an audition monologue to prepare from any of the library’s monologue books by searching the
catalog for “audition monologues”.
Read about auditioning tips on the GVSU Theatre website:
http://www.gvsu.edu/theatre (click on “Auditions, Workshops & Info”)
Questions or more information at 616-331-2300 or stop by the Louis Armstrong Theatre box office.
This event also occurs on 4/10/2018