ATO Presents: Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week
Date and TimeMonday, February 17, 2014
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Kirkhof Center » Lobby 1
Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system (CNS), which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision.Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease; however there is currently NO CURE.
This entire week will be dedicated to getting the word out about MS and helping put a stop to this terrible disease. Come visit our table in Kirkhof everyday from 11am-6pm and find out more ways to help.
We encourage all student organizations to participate in these events, after which a PRIZE will be rewarded to the organization/team with the most points:
- Change War (All Week): 1 point for each dollar raised! All proceeds going to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Twitter Competition (All Week) (#FIGHTMS #ATOWALKSHARD): 1 point per tweet.
- Wear Orange Check In (Monday): Earn 1 point for your team when you check in at our table in Kirkhof wearing orange.
Zack Amrein, Philanthropy Chairman of Alpha Tau Omega
- Office of Student Life
- Office of Student Life » Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Office of Student Life » Volunteer/Service