AP Leadership: Module 2 - Staff Development
Date and TimeWednesday, October 25, 2017
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2270
MODULE 2: Staff Development: Develop others in a way that builds trust; coach and mentor so that performance is aligned for success.
Register at www.gvsu.edu/sprout This program is limited to AP Staff.
Presenter: Wendy Wenner, GVSU retired administrator and University Professor
Participants will learn how to:
- Build trust by interacting in a way that gives others confidence.
- Demonstrate honesty and behave in a consistent manner.
- Thoroughly evaluate candidates for open positions; recognize exceptional talent.
- Plan and support the development of individuals’ skills and abilities.
- Focus and guide others in accomplishing work objectives, set clear expectations, encourage open dialog and empower others.
- Provide meaningful performance appraisals and constructive feedback.
- Identify potential in others for development into a more demanding role.
Prior to this Module, participants are expected to view webinars and pass quizzes of:
LEADERSHIP IQ: Conducting Year End Reviews; Giving Constructive Feedback to your Coworkers; Managing & Motivating your Superstars
Human Resources email@example.com or 616-331-2215.