About The Seidman ERP Program
The Seidman ERP Program is part of the Seidman College of Business, a dynamic growing business school located in the heart of the greater Grand Rapids business community. The nearly 70 full-time Ph.D. faculty are dedicated to helping our students and our business partners grow and prosper. At Seidman, the focus is on the future. The changing technology of the 21st century is embraced in our classrooms. The faculty prepare our students for their place in the global business environment.
As an AACSB- accredited undergraduate and graduate business school, the Seidman College of Business offers a range of degree programs. Which include a Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Masters of Science in Accounting (MSA), and Masters of Science in Taxation (MST). BBA program majors include Management, Management Information Systems Emphasis, Operations Management, Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, International Business, and General Business. Although strongly affiliated with Management Information Systems, the Seidman ERP Program supports and seeks to integrate all business functions within all areas of the College.
Approximately 2000 business and non-business students are enrolled in MGT 268: Business Processes and Management Information Systems annually. This course is a requirement for all Seidman BBA students, regardless of major or concentration, and is designed so that more than half of its content focuses on business processes and the use of SAP to execute the basic order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes.
Our Tools and Methods
Grand Valley is one of the world’s leading universities in terms of the depth and breadth of integration accomplished in the classroom. To achieve a cross-functional approach, The Seidman ERP Program has developed a central teaching case focused around Global Bike, Incorporated (GBI), a small bicycle manufacturing/wholesale company. This case is the foundation for many exercises used in numerous courses in various academic majors within the Seidman College of Business, that integrate the different functional areas within the company with a focus on executing business processes. GBI’s organizational and master data have been populated in the market-leading ERP software package, SAP ERP. Currently, Seidman ERP Program curriculum can be found in over 54 class sections, across all business majors, impacting over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students at Grand Valley. Worldwide, the GBI teaching case is estimated to be in use in more than 400 universities in over 40 countries and the GBI SAP ERP system has over 100,000 active users annually.
- Dr. Diana R. Lawson, Seidman College of Business Dean
- Dr. Simha Magal, Director of the Seidman ERP Program, Professor of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Mr. Chris Gillespie, SAP System Administrator of Seidman College of Business
- Dr. Joy Gianakura, Associate Dean, Seidman Student Academic Services
- Ms. Robbi Osipoff, Seidman College of Business Project Assistant
- Dr. Asli Yagmur Akbulut, Professor of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Dr. Kevin Barrons, Affiliate Faculty of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Dr. Shuyuan (Lance) Deng, Assistant Professor of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Ms. Jayne Dissette, Adjunct Instructor of Management (Management Information Systems) and Academic Systems Supervisor
- Dr. Parag Uma Kosalge, Professor of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Ms. Meagan Knoll, Clinical Affiliate Faculty of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Ms. Dana K. McCann, Clinical Affiliate Faculty of Management (Management Information Systems)
- Mr. Aslam Modak, Visiting Faculty of Management (Management Information Systems)