Panopto: Using the Panopto Web Capture
*THIS FEATURE ONLY WORKS WITH GOOGLE CHROME*
If this feature is not available to you please check out:
The Panopto web recorder has all the same functionality as the previous Panopto application, but does not require you to download and install an application. The Panopto website and folder system has not changed. This handout will overview everything you need to know about using the recorder.
- Navigate to the subfolder you want the video to be uploaded to.
- To access the recorder, click on the ‘Create’ button and select ‘Panopto Capture.’
- The Panopto web recorder screen will look like this.
The options at the top are for selecting audio, video, or screen sharing options respectively. Notice the record button below your camera display. You can see if the recorder is picking up your audio through watching the horizontal line that goes behind the record button bounce as it detects audio inputs.
- Click on the screen capture button to enable it. It will bring up a window that looks like this. Select the window you want to record and hit ‘Share.’
- Click record when you’re ready to start the 5 second countdown. Recording will start after 5 seconds.
- Click on the Stop (record) button when you’re done. You’ll be redirected to the new uploading page, and the video will automatically start uploading your most recently visited folder. You can still rename your video from here, or select the folder that it needs to be uploaded to.
- You can close the page when you see the text, ‘Getting your video ready for editing.’ This means the video has finished uploading and is now processing.
- When the video is done processing, you will have access to the ‘Edit’ and ‘Share’ button. Clicking these will redirect you to the Panopto editor or viewer, which have not changed.
And that’s it! We hope you give this new Panopto web recorder a try and use it for future videos because of the cleaner interface and ease of access.