LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Panopto: Uploading a Video
Getting Started with Panopto
Panopto is GVSU’s private video hosting service that will allow you to quickly create, edit, caption and host any academic videos. This user guide will take you through the basics of using Panopto.
Uploading Video Files to Panopto
- To start creating content in Panopto go to gvsu.hosted.panopto.com. Click “Sign in” on the top right and in the pop-up also click sign in. At the Blackboard sign-in page enter your credentials and once you click “login” you will be redirected back to Panopto.
- Once you are in Panopto navigate to your “My Folder” in the top left. Add a new folder for all courses, by clicking “Add folder” in the middle of the screen. Give the folder a title, you may want to use your course name.
- Once you have created that folder click it.
- Once you’re in the subfolder, click on the blue “Create” button and select “Upload Media”
*It’s very important that you upload into a SUBfolder for your students to view your videos.
- The “Add files” window will appear. Click within the grey dashed lines where it says “Choose video or audio files” and select your video. Wait for the window to give you a green check and says “Upload complete”
- When you get the green checkmark and it says ‘Upload Complete’ you can close the window and navigate back to your Blackboard site to embed the video there.