Panopto: Creating Content Using Panopto App
We Recommend Using the Panopto Web Capture
Click the link below to find instructions for the Panopto Web Capture:
- To start creating content in Panopto, go to https://gvsu.hosted.panopto.com
- Click "Sign in" on the top right and in the pop-up also click sign in
- At the Blackboard sign-in page, enter your credentials and once you click "login" you will be redirected back to Panopto
- Once you are in Panopto, navigate to your "My Folder" in the top left
- Add a new folder for all courses, by clicking "Add folder" in the middle of the screen
- Give the folder a title, you may want to use your course name. Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard, or 'Return' on Mac keyboards.
- Once you have created that folder, click it
- Once in your course folder, click create and then click "Record a new session"
- If this is your first time creating content with Panopto, you will first need to download and install the Panopto recorder
- Once you open the recorder you will see the red Record button.
Give your video a name in the session area.
Choose if the front facing camera is to be on or not in the primary source video area, if you would like to turn it off you can do that in the drop-down menu to the left.
The secondary display you will want to be your computer screen. This should be the default setting.
Once you have things set up to record click the record button on the top left, minimize the recorder and start recording!
- Once you are done recording bring the recorder back up and click the stop button on the top left.
- Once you stop recording click the upload button
- Once you hit upload you should see this screen which will show you the status of your upload. Once your video is fully uploaded and processed you will receive an email from Panopto. At this point you can close the recorder and go back to your Panopto library at gvsu.hosted.panopto.com.