Blackboard: Class Photo Roster
Each Blackboard course site contains a photo roster which displays the official ID photographs of enrolled students. This tool is available to Course Instructors.
How to Access Class Photo Roster
- Enter your course in Blackboard.
- Under Control Panel, click the Course Tools drop down.
- Click Class Photo Roster
You will now be redirected to your class photo roster. All users enrolled in course (Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Course Builder, Grader, etc.) will be shown in the photo roster tool.
NOTE: When someone officially enrolls in your course, that person’s picture is automatically added to your Blackboard course photo roster. When someone officially drops your course, that person’s name and photo are automatically removed from your Blackboard course photo roster.
Why a Photo Might not Appear
- User photo will not appear if they are under 18 years of age.
- User photo will not appear if their photo was taken before May 2003.
Rules of Use
- The photos are confidential records and may not be disclosed to third parties.
- No copying or redistribution of the photos is allowed.
- Class photo rosters will be visible only to the instructors of the Bb course site.
- Class photo rosters will be only available from within Blackboard.
- Students will not be able to access or view the class photo roster.
- Photos will not be displayed for students who are under 18.
- No ‘opt out’ for students or employees who are taking a course.