For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Blackboard: Assignment Grading
- Enter the grade of the assignment in the “Attempt” area of the assignment
- Enter any additional feedback then click “Submit”
Students are able to view the instructor’s comments and highlights. They are also able to view the feedback given under the grade.
- Highlight text in the document with the cursor
- Click the Highlighter icon that appears
Comments on Highlighted Text
- Highlight the text in the document
- Click the Comment icon that appears
- Enter a comment the click "Post"
- Click the point annotation button on the upper right corner of the Box view
- Click anywhere in the document to add a point comment
- Enter a comment then click "Post"
Printing the Assignment
- Click the "Print button on the upper right corner of the Box view
- If a dialog appears confirming the document is ready to print, click the "Print" button
Downloading the Assignment
- Click the “Download” button on the upper right corner of the Box view
- Depending on the internet browser’s settings either the document will be downloaded to the computer’s “Downloads” folder or a dialog box will appear asking where to save the document.
Adding Audio or Written Comments to Assignments
To grade Assignments with written and/or voice feedback
- Go into the Grade Center, hold your mouse over the cell with the attempt symbol and click the dropdown arrow.
- Select the Attempt.
Note: Instructors may annotate the student’s papers using the draw or point tools.
Instructors may also add written comments and voice comments.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the tiny blue line
- In the feedback to learner type or copy and paste any comments you wish to provide the student
- To add Voice comments, click the A to get the full toolbar
- Click the Microphone in the bottom row, left side
- Click the red start button to begin recording.
- Click Stop when finished
- Save and exit or Delete to rerecord.
- Rename if desired and click Insert Recording
- You can see that the recording has shown up in the textbox.
- After providing a score Click Submit.
Student point of view of recorded feedback
- For students to view comments and Click “Grades” in the Content Area, and then the assignment name.
- After clicking the Assignment, the “Review Submission History” page should appear to the right of the page, in the “assignment details” section, is where you will review instructors’ feedback. Additional comments may be added to the document.
Note: Students may also click on the thought bubble next to your score in the “My Grades” section to review written and oral feedback by instructors.