LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Requirements for a Major in Business Economics (BBA)
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics Credits: 3 OR ECO 200 - Business Economics Credits: 3
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Introduction to Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
REQUIRED Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (9 credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship, on a credit/no credit basis.
Student Learning Outcomes for Economics BBA