Economics Faculty/Staff Directory
Claudia Smith Kelly
3066 L. William Seidman Center
Field of Study
Dr. Claudia Smith Kelly earned her B.A. in mathematics and her M.S. in economics from the University of the West Indies in her native Jamaica and her Ph.D. in economics from Syracuse University. Her research and teaching interests include labor economics and public economics
- Certificate in University Teaching, Economics, Syracuse University. (2006).
- PH.D., Economics, Syracuse University. (2006).
- M.S., Economics, University of the West Indies, Jamaica. (1998).
- B.A., Mathematics, University of the West Indies, Jamaica. (1996)
- Labor Economics
- Public Economics
- Sicilian, P., Dalmia, S., Smith Kelly, C. (2016). Marriage and Men’s Earnings: Specialization and Cross-Productivity Effects. Eastern Economic Journal.
- Smith Kelly, C. (2011). Crime and Compensating Wage Differentials:Evidence from Miami in 1980. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 12(4), 79 - 89.
- Smith Kelly, C., Solomon, B., Adisu, K. (2011). Religious preferences, church attendance and life satisfaction among immigrants in USA. Journal of Business, Industry and Economics, 16, 71-86.
- Committee Chair, Economics Student Interaction Committe, appointed, Local, (April 2007 - Present).
- Committee Member, University Honors Council, Local. (August 2012 - Present).
- Committee Member, ERP, Local, (August 2013 - Present).