Economics Faculty/Staff Directory
Chair, Department of Economics, and Director of Assessment
3064 L. William Seidman Center
Field of Study
Dr. Sonia Dalmia, Professor of Economics, earned her B.A. (Honors) degree in Economics and her B.Ed. degree in Economics and Mathematics at the University of Delhi in India. She also has M.A. degrees in Economics from the Delhi School of Economics and from the University of Oklahoma. Her Ph.D. in Economics is from the University of Iowa. Her teaching interests are in the economics of gender, applied microeconomics and mathematical economics.
Her current research is on untapped leadership potential in minorities and women on boards.
- PH.D., Economics, University of Iowa (2000)
- M.A., Economics, University of Oklahoma, Norman (1994)
- B.Ed., Economics and Mathematics, University of Delhi, India (1990)
- M.A., Economics, Delhi School of Economics, India (1989)
- B.A., Economics (Honors), University of Delhi, India (1987)
- Labor Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Economic Development
- Sicilian, P., Dalmia, S., Smith Kelly, C. (in press). Marriage and Men’s Earnings: Specialization and Cross-Productivity Effects. Eastern Economic Journal.
- Dalmia, S. (2011). Assortative Mating, Family Characteristics and Marital Transactions in India. Journal of Applied Business and Economics
- Smith Kelly, C., Dalmia, S. (2011). Immigration Reforms, Marriage and Legal Permanent Residence Status. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 12(2), 64-79.
- Assessment Director, Seidman College of Business (2014 - Present).
- Peer Reviewer, Higher Learning Commission (2015 - Present).
- Referee: Journal of Marriage and Family; International Journal of Social Economics.